And so ends 2013!!! Do you have a New Year’s Eve tradition in your family? Will you be watching the celebrations in Times Square or elsewhere? Staying up to catch some fireworks? We’re boring; we usually just go to bed and sleep through the big event (especially with small kids around).
Taking a look back at 2013, these were my top ten posts:
- Christmas Crafts for Toddlers and Preschoolers – last year the girls and I had fun making decorations for our Christmas tree; most of these crafts are easy and mess-free.
- 8 Tips for Keeping Children Safe at Crowded Events – I wrote this post for Canada Day, as we got ready to take in the local celebrations and I thought about making sure I didn’t lose Sunshine and Lily in the crowds of people there.
- 10 Tips for a Great Surprise Party - I’ve planned two surprise parties for my husband now; here are my tips for pulling it off!
- Top 3 Questions to Ask a Pregnant Woman - this post about three common questions I got during my first pregnancy remains one of my top posts, getting lots of Google traffic
- Patron Saints of Pregnancy and Childbirth - one of my favourite posts, about some of my favourite saints whom I looked to for inspiration during my pregnancy and labour
- Baby’s First Christmas Onesie and Leggings - it’s always fun to have a new baby at Christmas, no matter what their age! This was a cute outfit I found for Jade to wear for her first Christmas.
- Announcing Baby #3 - what I did to announce my third pregnancy!
- 10 Tips for Using Photos on Your Blog - what I’ve learned over the past few years about adding pictures to blog posts
- Wholly Guacamole and Beanitos Bean Chips Snack Review - find out more about our latest favourite snack food!
- Letters of the Alphabet for Preschoolers: ABC - more crafts and activities for preschoolers, based on ideas I found during the summer to keep Sunshine and Lily busy (and learning!)
Looking ahead to 2014, this year has some big moments for our family:
- Jade turns one and I turn thirty in March!
- My husband and I (and my mom) will graduate in April (second degree for Mom and I, third degree for him)—that is, if I can survive doing four courses this semester!
- Having started on my novel last year and had a chance to work on this year during my classes, I’d like to say I could get it finished in 2014… but that might be wishful thinking. We’ll see!
What exciting things happened for you in 2013? Or what are you looking forward to in 2014?